We are currently recruiting a Receptionist to join our very busy and friendly reception team. The role requires you to deal with clients and colleagues in an efficient and helpful manner and promote Middleton Lodges services and facilities at every opportunity. Excellent communication skills are essential for this role, together with strong IT and telephone skills.
- Responsible for arrivals and departures of all guests
- Ensure all enquirers either in person or on the telephone are dealt with professionally and courteously and the information given is accurate
- Provide the highest standards of customer care and service at all times
- Responsible for the accepting and balancing of credit and debit card payments, the safe, till and daily banking and all monies, received from various departments throughout the hotel
- To ensure that all guest information is correct and up to date in the computer system.
- Promote excellent communications within the Reception department and other departments at Middleton Lodge
- Assist in providing a positive attitude within the team that contributes to the overall successful operation of the department
- Assist Conference Operations staff with meeting and greeting of Conference Organizers and delegates.
- Assist Conference Operations Manager/Supervisors with production of conference bills
- Support all departments
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to Conference Organizers
- Monitor the safe receipt of deliveries relating to conferences, customers and staff.
- Assist in viewing /show around
- Act up in the absence of the Head Receptionist
The ideal candidate:
- Experience of adhering to hotel & company procedures
- Able to demonstrate experience in complaint handling
- Can deliver excellent guest service every day
- Pro-active team player who easily connects with others.
Essential Job Skills:
- Previous hotel reception experience in a similar role
- Passion for the hospitality industry
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Excellent customer service skills and is passionate about exceeding guest expectations
- Able to work in a fast paced working environment and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Problem solving
As Receptionist you must have experience of working within a 4* standard hotel and be looking for a role within a high level establishment. You will be involved with all day-to-day hotel reception and conference reception duties and will ensure a smooth running reception desk at all times, dealing with guest queries and requests efficiently. You must provide first class customer service and should be highly organized with good communication skills, both face to face and over the phone. It is also important you are a good team player, as well as able to work on your own initiative when necessary.