Middleton Lodge is a privately owned Georgian country estate based in 200 acres of private countryside in North Yorkshire.
Set in its own private parkland with views across the Cleveland Hills, the 18th century Main House house has four reception rooms and 16 bedrooms. The house is still a family home, and is available for exclusive private hire, weddings, corporate activities and occasional events.
We are currently looking to recruit a Porter to join the team within the Middleton Lodge Estate
Across the grounds, you will find The Coach House, an award-winning hotel and restaurant. Beautifully restored, the hotel has nine bedrooms and a relaxed all-day restaurant showcasing the best of our local Yorkshire produce, where possible from our own recently restored kitchen gardens. The Kitchen gardens on the estate have recently been restored and it is here where The Fig House is found. From April 2018, this venue will be able to host up to 100 delegates, overlooking the fascinating landscape garden design of Tom Stuart Smith, this light airy space provides a fresh perspective for you and your guests.
- The role will involve some reception duties, auditing, cleaning, food and beverage services within the hotel/house, and assisting with guests throughout.
- As Porter you will need to be able to fulfil job requirements and deliver a high standard of customer service to guests.
Other essential requirements:
- Proven experience in a hotel enviroment
- Polite and friendly manner
- Smart appearance
- Physically fit, for carrying guest luggage, chairs and tables.
- Clear communicator and quick problem solver
Our ideal Porter:
- Is able to recognize when guests require help and provide assistance in a positive manner.
- Can anticipate the needs of all guests, satisfy expectations and to go that extra mile in ensuring that the guests enjoy their experience with us.
As Porter you will be working a shift pattern of 5 shifts on, 2 shifts off (8 hour shifts)
Duties & responsibilities:
- Basic reception duties, check in/check out
- Securing the estate once staff have left
- Setting up of conferences & events
- General cleaning set out by the duty Manager
- Ensure public safety is adhered to at all time
- Ensure fire procedures are carried out when needed
- Basic food & beverage duties
Job Type: Full-time