Put a ring on it...
As the nights begin to darken, the fires constantly crackle, and we start spending our cosy evenings snuggled up on the sofa with our loved ones, drinking endless mugs off piping hot coca (or in our case something stronger) our thoughts turn to families and festivities.
To us, Christmas is all about spending lots of quality time with our loved ones. It’s also the time that we see those all-important perfect proposals take place, - could there be a more romantic time of year to ask that all important question?
If you’re looking to pop the question this year but you’re not sure where to start, have a glimpse at our guide below:
Numero one: The Ring
- Family sentimental number
- The one they’ve been hinting about
- The rock only (let them design it later)
- The classic solitaire diamond ring
Numero two: The Destination (The Estate, of course)
- A weekend away in the country (probably best if you keep the whole thing a secret, we can help you with that)
- The most romantic dinner (a cosy candlelit corner of the Coach House)
- The walk in the woodland – Just the two of you surrounded by the Yorkshire countryside.
- The unexpected Christmas Eve question (We’re talking a seasonal supper, lots of Christmas cocktails and a last-minute surprise in the Kitchen Garden…)
- The very best Christmas morning…Wake up early, walk off any nerves, grab two glasses of fizz from the Coach House before getting down on one knee
- Our Choice? We love carols in the Kitchen Garden, surrounded by the soft notes of the singers, the roaring firepits and chilly winter air…
Numero three: The Celebration
- A boozy knees up at the bar!
- A big engagement party in the Fig House! (or cellar bar)
- Call in the gang- get everyone together and celebrate ‘til the early hours
- Table for two- how about a super romantic supper and sleepover? (We’re sold)
Browse from our ideas above and if any take your fancy giving us a heads up and we’ll do all we can to make your plan run as smooth as we can and help with the celebrations (of course!). But don’t worry our lips are sealed.
If you’d like to get in touch, please click here to email or call us on 01325377977.
Merry Christmas (& good luck) x