Ingredients for Fennel Gin
- London Dry Gin
- Fennel Leaves
Ingredients for Cocktail
- Fennel infused Gin
- Sweet Vermouth
- Herbal Bitters (Optional)
Method for Fennel Gin
- Rinse the Fennel in water to clean.
- Cut off the Fennel leaves from the main vegetable, you will need two handfuls.
- Tip out some of the Gin into a separate container allowing room for the Fennel leaves to be inserted.
- Add two handfuls of Fennel leaves into the bottle of Gin, making sure all leaves are submerged underneath the Gin.
- Taste daily to allow for personal preference.
- Shake daily.
Method for Cocktail
- Fill a mixing jug with cubed ice.
- Add 25ml of Fennel infused Gin.
- Add 25ml of Campari.
- Add 25ml Sweet Vermouth.
- Stir the liquid within the ice for around 20 seconds.
- Fill a whisky glass with cubed ice.
- Strain out the cocktail over the ice within the glass, only allowing the liquid to escape from the mixing jug.
- With a peeler, peel orange zest from an orange.
- Trim and twist the orange zest into a spiral and place on top of the cocktail.